Ian Rose - Domestic Energy Assessor.
Energy Performance Certificates.
North Hertfordshire - South Cambridgeshire.

As a Domestic Energy Assessor living in Royston, Hertfordshire, I have produced Energy Performance Certificates (EPC's) for a wide variety of properties throughout North Hertfordshire and South Cambridgeshire.

idea logo

I am an accredited member of the Institute of Domestic Energy Assessors. (IDEA). An organisation dedicated to professional development and integrity by its members. I am also a STROMA Accredited Energy Assessor.

With over thirty years in the construction and heating industry, I have considerable experience and knowledge on matters relating to all types of domestic properties and can provide a high quality professional, affordable service with six days per week availability.

What does an EPC cost and how long does it take?

A flat rate of £50.00 (No VAT) applies to all properties up to five bedrooms, thereafter by negotiation. Multiple EPCs for landlords will normally attract a discount of £5.00 per property.

On average, it takes approximately 1 hour to complete the survey. I then use the information from the survey to create the report. You can normally expect to receive the Energy Performance Certificate and report after 24 hours. I provide an EPC surveying service with six days per week availability for your convenience.

What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?

If you are buying, selling or letting a home you now need a certificate by law. EPCs are required whenever a building is built, sold or rented out. The certificate provides 'A' to 'G' ratings for the building, with 'A' being the most energy efficient and 'G' being the least, with the average up to now being 'D'.

An accredited energy assessor will produce EPCs alongside an associated report which suggests improvements to make a building more energy efficient.

Property professional interested in homes or buildings?

You can find out how Energy Performance Certificates and other measures may affect builders, landlords and architects. Click on the following link to
Directgov - public services all in one place.